TERMS & CONDITIONS
WHO ARE WE
- Excel Remit website is operated and owned by Nexus Telecom based at Equatoia Tower, Hai Neem, Juba, South Sudan
PLACING AN ORDER
- Our services are only offered to persons over the age of 18.
- Excel Remit provide online money transfers to a person or company designated by you (the “Recipient”) to collect in cash at one of our partnering agencies, receive into a bank account or into a mobile phone wallet. We can also deliver your money as airtime or data top-up credit.
- The use of our services may be subject to a fee payment which will be stated in the system before you make the payment. We will not charge you any other fees for the transfer thereafter.
- To start using our Services, you must register with us and provide your details as prompted.
- Excel Remit reserves the right to request further information in order to process your order and all information you provide to us must be complete, accurate and truthful at all times and you must update us whenever it changes. We cannot be responsible for any financial loss arising out of your failure to do so.
- You shall only use the Services to transact on your own account and not on behalf of any other person or company. All activities shall be deemed as activities carried out by the registered user.
- You must register on our website only once. Duplicate accounts will be detected and we may close or merge these duplicate accounts at our sole discretion.
- You must not disclose any user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures to any third party. Such information must be treated as confidential.
- If you know or suspect that anyone other than you know your user identification code or password, you must promptly contact us
- The entire process to transfer the money should be easy to follow on the screen, however if you have any questions you can always contact us by phone or email.
- Once your order has been placed, Excel Remit will send you an email acknowledging it. Please note that this does not mean acceptance of your order. The order will only be accepted once we have made all the necessary checks and your credit or debit card information and payment have been fully confirmed.
- We may place limits on the amount you may send per transfer. You will be notified if and when we do.
- All orders are subject to acceptance by Excel Remit but once you have placed your order you authorise us to action it. You will receive an email indicating that your order has been accepted with a PCN, our unique order number which will also be shown in the transaction history on your Excel Remit Please quote this order number when communicating with us about a particular payment order.
- The contract between Excel Remit and you will only be formed once we send you the confirmation email that your order has been accepted. Until that time there will be no binding arrangement for Excel Remit to supply you with any money transfer service, foreign exchange or other services. You should print and retain a copy of the confirmation email for your records or the receipt slip that will be provided to you by Excel Remit. You must contact us urgently if any of the information you provided is inaccurate.
- Records of your Transfers can be found in your profile when login in to your account and you may access the records at any time.
PAYMENTS TO EXCEL REMIT
- You can make payments using a debit/credit card. All major cards are accepted. If you are sending money from South Sudan you can also visit one of our partner agencies and pay in cash.
- All payments will be charged in GBP and credit/debit card exchange rates may apply if you are using a card issued outside the UK.
- We aim to process all orders received by 1PM on the same day but it may take up to 2 business day for your order be fully processed.
- If your payment is received by us after 1pm on a Business Day or not on a Business Day, your payment order will be deemed received on the following Business Day.
- We can only process your payment order once clear funds have been received.
- Please note that if further verification checks are necessary, these checks may increase the time it takes to process your payment order. We cannot be responsible for any delays as a result of carrying out those checks.
AMENDING OR CANCELLING AN ORDER
- You may amend an order as long as it has not been processed yet. To do so you must contact us on +44 7452 184 485 between 09:00 AM and 05:00 PM or by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any such amendments will be subject to the applicable foreign exchange rates as published on the Website by Excel Remit at the time of change and may incur a fee for our services. You will receive an e-mail to confirm any amendment or cancellation.
- Excel Remit is not obliged to accept any order and may decline to do so for any reason including price, availability and delivery.
- We will have to report transfers (in whole or part) to government authorities if we are required to do so by law and we may refuse your order if we reasonably believe that it might breach any of our policies (including those intended to prevent fraud, money laundering or terrorist financing) and/or break any applicable law, order of the court, regulation, code or other duty that applies to us or requirement of any regulatory or governmental authority, body or agency having jurisdiction over our company.
- If a cash or mobile delivery method transfer was not made properly or did not arrive, we will promptly refund both the transfer amount and the fee unless we can show that the Recipient’s account provider received the money or that there was a mistake in the Recipient’s account details that you gave us and also unless we are prevented by law from doing so. If you made a mistake in the information provided to us we will still make reasonable efforts to recover the funds for you and may provide you with available and relevant information to help you claim repayment of the funds, upon request.
- If you believe a money transfer was not delivered, you must call or write to us as soon as possible. We will not refund money to you under the conditions above if you unduly delayed telling us about the problem and in any event told us more than 13 months after sending the money. If you ask us to, we will immediately and without charge try to trace any Transfer which was not made properly or did not arrive and let you know the outcome of those investigations . The outcome will depend on the findings and the legal basis.
DELIVERING YOUR ORDER
- All payments to the recipient will be made in their local currency. The total value payable will be shown on the confirmation screen and will be only valid for a short period of time as Foreign exchange rates fluctuates regularly. If you do not submit your order immediately the price many change and you will need to enter the screen again to see the updated price.
- You are responsible for any taxes which may be applicable to payments you make or receive, and it is your responsibility to collect, report and pay the correct tax to the appropriate tax authority.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- The use of any Excel Remit Materials provided while you are using our services is only for your personal use and strictly as necessary in relation to those Services.
- Excel Remit Materials” include any software (including without limitation developer tools, sample source code, and code libraries), data, materials, content and printed and electronic documentation developed and provided by us or available for download from our Website. You may not, and may not attempt to, directly or indirectly transfer, sublicense, loan, sell, assign, lease, rent, distribute or grant rights in the Service or the Excel Remit Materials to any person or entity; remove, obscure, or alter any notice of any of our trade marks, or other “intellectual property” appearing on or contained within the Services or on any Excel Remit Materials; Modify, copy, tamper with or otherwise create derivative works of any software included in the Excel Remit Materials; or reverse engineer, disassemble, or decompile the Excel Remit Materials or the Services or apply any other process or procedure to derive the source code of any software included in the Excel Remit Materials or as part of the Services.
- Any content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us and other users of our site a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties. The rights you license to us are described in the section entitled Rights you are giving us to use material you upload below.
- We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy
LOSS AND DAMAGE
- Excel Remit is not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable (either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen – if you discussed it with us during your account sign up process)
- Our liability to you does not exclude or limit in any way where it would be unlawful to do so, this includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- We are not liable for business losses. As stated above, you should not make a transfer on behalf of a business and use our services. We will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our website, it is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on Excel Remit’s website. We make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied: as to the content or operation of our site; as to the accuracy, reliability or completeness of the content of the site (except for our aggregation methods);
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, or other technological attacks or harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programmes, data or other proprietary material related to your use of our Services
- Excel Remit website is made available free of charge but some of the services offered may be chargeable. We do not guarantee that our website, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
- Excel Remit is entitled to refuse, withdraw or cancel your money transfer order at any time, for any reason. Top Connect may terminate any money transfer order at any time.
- Excel Remit may also terminate any contract if it is required to do so on instructions of any Law Enforcement Agency or regulatory body. In this case Excel Remit may retain all or any of your if it is required to do so by law and deal with as ordered by a Court or other body of the competent Jurisdiction.
- Excel Remit staffs are fully conversant with Anti-Money Laundering guidelines and are aware of their responsibilities in the monitoring and reporting of any actions that raise suspicion or give cause for concern. Excel Remit reserves the right to perform identity checks in accordance with the terms and conditions on all individuals who place an order on the website. Excel Remit may also terminate any contract if it is required to do so on instructions of any Law Enforcement Agency or regulatory body. In this case Excel Remit may retain all or any of your if it is required to do so by law and deal with as ordered by a Court or other body of the competent Jurisdiction
HOW WE MAY USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
PROHIBITED USE OF OUR WEBSITE
- You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation, in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- You may not use our site for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- You may not use our site to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- You may not use our site to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
- You also agree not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt: any part of our site, any equipment or network on which our site is stored, any software used in the provision of our site; or any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION OF USE
- We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of these terms through your use of our site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate. Failure to comply with these terms may result in our taking all or any of the following actions: Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site; Issue of a warning to you; Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach; further legal action against you; disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
- We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of these terms. The responses described above are not exhaustive, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Nexus Telecom (trading as Excel Remit) website contains information obtained from sources believed to be reliable and has been prepared in good faith with all reasonable care. Nexus Telecom makes no warranty, express or implied, concerning the suitability, completeness, quality or exactness of the information and models provided in this website.
Neither Nexus Telecom, its related entities, nor any of its providers of information, have any liability to the user, or any other third party, for the accuracy of the information or models contained in this website, or for any errors or omissions therein, nor will Nexus Telecom or any of its providers of information have any liability for the use, interpretation or implementation of the information or models contained herein by any person.
You can make a complaint by contacting your usual dealer or you can email us at email@example.com or call us at +211(0) 924 224 446 between 08:30 AM and 06:00 PM. If they are unable to resolve your complaint it will be escalated to the relevant manager for investigation.
We will start investigating your complaint as soon as possible and aim to resolve the matter as quickly as we can, keeping you regularly informed of our progress. In our final response, we will explain our assessment of the complaint to you, along with any remedial action or redress. We will also take measures to improve any systems or processes where necessary.
If you are dissatisfied with our response, you may raise your concerns to the Financial Ombudsman Service (“FOS”). The FOS can be reached at: Exchange Tower, London, E14 9SR. Further information and eligibility requirements can be found on www.financialombudsman.org.uk.